Corporate governance guarantees that an enterprise is directed and controlled in a responsible, professional, and transparent manner with the purpose of safeguarding its long-term success. Corporate governance is intended to increase the confidence of shareholders, stakeholders and capital-market investors.
At Black Spruce we also feel that it is about demonstrating accountability and transparency in our actions and decisions. While achieving our long term strategic goals important to Black Spruce, we also need to protect the interests of our primary stakeholders such as shareholders, employees, business partners, and the community at large.
To reach this standard, we have established a set of systems and processes, effective leadership and a high standard of behavior which supports a culture based upon openness and honesty and creates an external focus on the needs of our clients and the public.
More specifically, we feel that policies and procedures are necessary to:
- Establish a culture based on sound business ethics as embodied in an established code of conduct
- Fulfill the long-term strategic goal of the owners while taking into account the expectations and interests of all the key stakeholders, and in particular should:
- Consider and care for the interests of employees, past, present and future
- Take account of the needs of the environment and the local community
- Maintain proper compliance with all the applicable legal and regulatory requirements under which the company is carrying out its activities including anti-bribery and anti-corruption legislation